Boy, I'm not very good at this blogging stuff. I naturally have a bad relationship with computers so I can't believe I even got this far! I seem to be adding a post once a month....I'll have to change that.
I really wanted to keep a "Grateful Journal" , so I think I may use this blog as a way to journal in that way. Right now there is a lot of chaos in my life...well, to me it is chaos! I like the predictable, I almost always play it safe, I follow the rules and am a God fearing woman. I enjoy a life of "no changes", few surprises and big challenges aren't my cup of tea. I know God wants me to change that. I feel the need to be more flexible, less rigid, and to be more of a woman of faith rather than a woman of worry. I'm trying anyways! With the economy crazy and gas prices on the rise, my hubby laid off and a presidential election on the way I just feel such a sense of unease. You know that feeling you get when you start to feel happy and then you have to stop yourself and say "I know there was something I was worried about earlier?!?! OH.... Yah...my husband is getting laid off, that's it!" And then the happiness fades. It's a shame I've been living that way for the last few weeks. I am a child of God and I know He will take care of me. As I read in the book of Matthew chapter 6 last week I read about how the Lord takes care of the birds and the lilies of the field...and how much more important we are to the Lord than those things. Ashamed to admit it but at times I am one who is "of little faith". I don't know why my faith falters at times because the Lord has answered so many prayers of mine and has blessed my family in so many ways. I have NEVER doubted the existence of God or my salvation, I just struggle at times with whether my Awesome God would help little ole me...with my little ole problems. I'm excited to share with others just that! I need to tell others what He has done for me and my family and just how thankful I am for Him. That nagging worry feeling is just something satan puts in my head in attempt to damage my relationship with the Lord. Satan wants us to feel weak, helpless and defeated. I can't let that happen! So, my journey of faith begins. I choose to believe He knows my needs. I choose to KNOW the Lord will care for us and that He has a plan for our Country. Although His plan may not be "MY" plan, I have to have faith that His plan is best. After all, He's perfect...I am not.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment